Due to the Covid-19 virus and the Governor’s stay at home order, in-person worship services, bible classes, and activities at Beautiful Savior are suspended until April 5th. This decision was based on the current information from our health officials and may change in the coming days or weeks ahead. We will continue to monitor the situation daily, and will revisit and reassess the health situation as it unfolds. We will also continue to communicate any changes or updates to you in a timely manner.
Above all, we will continue to provide a number of ways for you to hear and receive God’s Word and Sacraments during this time. In an ever-changing world, we rest in the unchanging truth and promises of God’s love for us in Christ. To that end, here are a number of ways we will continue to minister to you in this time:
- Livestream of Wednesday Lenten service at 7 PM on our church Facebook page.
- Livestream of Sunday morning service at 9 AM on our church Facebook page.
- Livestreamed bible studies and occasional videos throughout the week. (Note: if you do not have internet access or are not on Facebook, and would like help getting connected online, please reach out to myself or your elder. We would be glad to help.)
- Daily devotions, Scripture readings, and prayers to use for personal or family times of prayer.
- Electronic and printed materials (such as orders of prayer) for use at home.
- Online resources, such as The Lutheran Hour and Issues Etc. Look for additional resources to come soon.
Many of our members have asked about offerings, for the continued work of Christ among us. Offerings can be mailed in or dropped off in our secure mailbox near the church office entrance. Thank you for supporting the work of the Gospel in this challenging time.
By the grace of God we will get through this. And we will gather together again in great joy. Together in Christ, we will bear one another’s burdens, and by his mercy leading us, we will come through this time of crisis confident in Christ crucified and risen, and all the more joyful in our fellowship together. For now, I leave you with St. Paul’s words to the Philippians:
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
Your servants in Christ,
Terry Howard, President
Pastor Samuel Schuldheisz
Board of Elders: Ron Schill, Steve Loy, Michael Dunn, Matthew Perkovich, John Lee, Emil Augustine